EAIR 36th Annual Forum, 27-30 August 2014 Essen, Germany
Higher Education Diversity and Excellence for Society
In the context of changes such as budget restrictions, growing demands of stakeholders such as employers and students and the changing nature of its key functions of research and teaching, we see an increasing professionalization of administration and management of higher education institutions. At the same time, diversity and excellence are the very core of all higher education processes, but how are we to balance these new demands with the existing ones and further economic restrictions?
In these demanding times EAIR is the network organization of higher education professionals, itself striving for diversity and excellence. Building on the success of the previous conferences in Warsaw, Stavanger and Rotterdam, the programme for the 36th Forum in Essen will be attractive to (institutional) researchers, managers, administrators and policy makers. In addition, we want to increase the attractiveness significantly especially for international delegates as well as young(er) researchers and the «new professionals» in higher education. Therefore, the Programme Committee has acted upon participants’ feedback in establishing an “open track” for new and innovative topics, looking for diversity as well as excellence in our field.
The Forum will therefore be of interest to institutional researchers, academics, policy makers, administrators and educators. Papers and Posters that are presented at the 2014 EAIR Essen Forum contribute to one of the eight broad tracks outlined below:
- Track 1: Governance and Diversity; Chair: Prof. Rosalind Pritchard
- Track 2: Missions and Impacts in Higher Education; Chairs: Dr. Terhi Nokkala & Dr. Charles Mathies
- Track 3: Diversity and Excellence; Chairs: Prof. Maria J. Rosa & Prof. Cláudia S. Sarrico
- Track 4: Diversity and Access in to Higher Education; Chair: Prof. Hans Vossensteyn
- Track 5: Student Experience: Teaching, Learning & Services; Chairs: Dr. Clare Milsom & Dr. Elena Zaitseva
- Track 6: Quality and Diversity; Chairs: Dr. Christian Ganseuer & Dr. Mareike Landmann
- Track 7: Institutional Research: Analyzing Diversity and Excellence?; Chairs: Dr. Urs Hugentobler & Dr. Helena Lim
- Track 8: Open Track: Innovative and Emerging Topics in Higher Education; Chair: Prof. Nicoline Frølich