The following aims should be read with reference to institutional, national and international contexts, as appropriate.
- To encourage research in higher education.
- To promote the development of institutional management, planning and policy implementation.
- To disseminate information that supports policy-making, policy implementation and good practice in higher education.
- To support the membership by providing opportunities for networking and professional development in the field of higher education.
EAIR seeks to achieve its aims by:
- Organising an annual Forum bringing together students, researchers, policymakers, leaders, administrators and practitioners.
- Publishing the peer-reviewed journal ’Tertiary Education and Management’ which may include high quality papers from the annual Forum and other appropriate contributions. EAIR may support other publications too in addition to TEAM.
- Organising seminars and networking opportunities of interest to specific groups of the EAIR membership, involving non-members where appropriate. These may involve cooperation with other organisations.
- Providing a variety of opportunities for networking and professional development of members and other interested parties in the various fields of higher education.
- Initiating, encouraging and actively supporting comparative research on issues in higher education.
- Cooperating and exchanging information with relevant organisations.
- Providing other services to the membership, such as a membership directory; online databases; and electronic copies of Forum presentations.