Call for Nominations 2018 Election
The EAIR Executive Committee consists of nine elected members (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and five other elected members), nominated by and elected from the Association’s membership. The President has an honorary, ex-officio, position and Forum Chairs are ex-officio members of the Committee for the 18 months prior to the Forum. The term of office for all elected EAIR Executive Committee members is three years.
Your EAIR relies upon a strong, active and vibrant Executive Committee (EC) to further develop the association. I want to encourage all EAIR members to seriously consider taking up the challenge of serving on the EAIR Executive Committee.
- Cláudia Sarrico has served the EAIR Executive Committee for one period of three years and will not stand for another period. She holds the portfolio “Membership & Services”.
- Juha Kettunen has served the EAIR Executive Committee for one period of three years and will not stand for another period. He holds the portfolio “EAIR- & Forum Sponsoring”.
- Antigoni Papadimitriou has served the EAIR Executive Committee for one period of three years. She will stand for a new period and for election. She holds the portfolio “Marketing”.
- It is expected that the elected member will actively contribute to achieving the objectives of the society;
- Specifically, each elected member to the EC will hold a portfolio of tasks in one or more aspects of the EAIR’s activities;
- It is expected that all EC members, in person, attend both the Annual EC November meeting in the Netherlands and the Annual EAIR Forum (including a pre- and post-Forum EC meeting, both taking place at or near the Forum venue);
- EAIR will only cover your accommodation expenses for the Annual EC November meeting in the Netherlands. This EC meeting usually starts on a Friday (late morning) and ends on the Saturday – early afternoon;
- Travel expenses to and from the Annual EC November meeting in the Netherlands and the Annual EAIR Forum are the responsibility of the elected member to the committee as are the accommodation expenses for the Annual EAIR Forum.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOMINATIONS IS THURSDAY, 31 MAY 2018 (00:00pm CEST).
Please note that you are only eligible to take part in the 2018 EAIR EC elections and nomination if you have fully paid your 2018 EAIR membership fee.
The nominee is required to submit an “election text” (see below) to the Executive Director, Gerlof Groenewoud, by email (email@example.com) together with the completed “2018 EAIR EC Election Nomination Form”.
- Details of the nominee: name, current position and country;
- As a nominee please indicate in 200 words (this is a strict limit), what you offer the EC and EAIR membership.
Ass. Prof. Dr. habil. Attila Pausits, PhD
Chair EAIR – The European Higher Education Society